Re: [RC] Panther Creek (Missouri) Central Region, May14, 2005 - Chris Paus

I'm so  hoping to do this ride! I hope my mares cooperate. Of course, they are both due about that time.... one reason I'm not breeding them back this year. I want one spring ride season without foal watch!

chris

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Lucie Hess appalucie@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

An update on this ride...
You all should make sure you put this ride on your schedule. It will be great! I've been helping Winnie (the ride manager) mark trail and she is doing a great job. The ride is on a 4,000 acre private ranch that is a commercial trail ride operation.

It is just beautiful, springs, rock bottom creeks, pastures, tree filled hollows and views that go to the horizon.

I swear I didn't see any other houses or power lines from most of the trail. This area of Missouri is so scenic .

The trail will be a 17 mile loop done twice, and an 8 mile loop done twice for the 50's.

The 17 and the 8 mile loops done once for the 25.

You guys will love the 8 mile loop, you can just fly on the ridge top and the pastures.

The ride has varied terrain, some of it rocky, a lot of it is pasture and ridge top without any rocks. Some pretty good climbs and descents.

If you can believe it, Winnie has been "kicking" the rocks off the trail when she finds them. This all the while she is saying "I hate those big rocks!" She is working really hard to make this a great trail.

The campground has electric and water at many of the sites. A bathhouse and restroom are available. The campground is easily accessible. I've taken my big "monster" rig and my smaller bumper pull in and out with no problem.

So now that you have been given my preview, I hope you will come to the Panther Creek ride to see for your self. See you there!