Re: [RC] [RC] Bareback Riding - April

My horse looked a lot better than I did after my first LD. I was very stupid and wore jeans. It was May in the SE. It was hot. It was muggy. I have scars.

My horse didn't have a sore muscle in his body. Nor was he all that tired. I drove straight home (1.5 hours) after the ride and he went flying through his pasture to bully his pasture mates (normal behavior for him).

Nope, I definitely got the raw end of that deal. (pun intended)

My next ride I wore panty hose under my jeans and I faired a lot better.

Life circumstances dictated a hiatus from endurance and the selling of my horse. So I guess people might have thought, ha, she couldn't hack it.  I did come back to endurance, but I use a saddle because that's what is best with this horse. I still like to ride bareback and I do whenever I ride my other horse and if he wasn't so darn lazy one might see me bareback on the endurance (or LD) trail with him.

I do like to have "stuff" with me, though, so a saddle is very handy for stuff. :-)

April
Nashville, TN