[RC] Sommer Oakfield Endurance Saddle - Karen Casemier

My mare has probably lost over 150 pounds since last summer - this is a very GOOD thing, as she was substantially overweight. (put her on an insulin resistant diet).

I have been through two saddles in the last four months, and it looks like I will be going on my third very soon. I am faced with two options: buy something inexpensive until I know how she will end up, or try and buy something that is somewhat adjustable.

Note that I am not interested in a treeless saddle. Been there, done that, got that T-shirt. I know they work great for some people, I'm just not one of them.

I was wondering if anyone would share their experiences with the Sommer Oakfield saddle. I did a search in the archives and didn't find much. I'm wondering a couple of things specifically:

Would the saddle work for a short-backed horse, or is it too long?
Would this be considered a "paneled" saddle like the Reactor Panel and Orthoflex? My mare Her Royal Highness is not a fan of paneled saddles.
Does the ajustability of the saddle compromise the overall support/weight distribution? After trying all kinds of alternatives, I'm back to being a firm believer in the benefits of just a good fitting traditional saddle. However, I'm also going broke here, and I'd rather spend my money on a high quality saddle that I can have a long term relationship with - I'm sick of dating, I want a marriage or at least a commitment ;>)

Thanks for any info you can share.