Re: [RC] "Trainer" fatality - Merryben

In a message dated 4/24/2005 1:29:24 P.M. Central Daylight Time, bobmorris@xxxxxxxx writes:
Don't allow adoption unless more strict criteria are met?
I just don't think their criteria is realistic.  I would not meet the criteria.  But I had two mustangs and they are in the best possible situation.  The mare was too much for me and she has an owner that is perfect for her.  The baby is still mine.  The first night he was here in his nice pipe corral with a shelter (although not three sided) he took the gate off, stepped neatly through it and joined the horses in the pasture.  They have old crappy fencing in some places, barbed wire in some, squirrel holes and rattlesnakes.  He is as happy as a clam out there.  He does not like to be confined by himself.  Mustangs are wild horses and like herds............