[RC] WNV Question for Susan G. - Suvut

Susan, should I go ahead and vaccinate my 29 year old Cushing's mare this year for WNV?  She was vaccinated last year and the year before will no problem.

But this year, she is very thin and has VERY VERY long, curly hair covering her entire body -- including her face and legs.  I am feeding her Senior and beet pulp and she has access to good pasture 24/7, but does not seem to be picking up weight.  I have also started her on the Chaste Tree Berries (per the Cushing's website).  I will shave her next week.  She shows no signs yet of laminitis (thank GOD).

I did give her the normal yearly booster (4 in 1) shot a few weeks ago with no ill effects.  Do you think the WNV vaccination will hurt her immune system?  I feel very ignorant about this and would love your opinion.

Susan in Louisville