[RC] stable fed grass clippings in place of hay! OMG! - Christy Hawes

I need to know what to say to the stable owner...... I got back from a trip to Montana to find that they had started feeding my mare grass clippings 3 days ago since they ran out of grass hay and I had specified no alfalfa. If she had choked or gotten sick, I swear I would have shot him. What do you say to a guy like this? I am paying them to feed my horses hay. My other one is suppose to have only grass, but I told them they could feed half alfalfa until got more grass hay bought. I've only had then boarded there for 3 weeks.

By the way, it's Spomer Buffalo Ranch in Milliken, Co (near Greeley)

You would think that he would of at least called me. Nope. I even have my phone number on the board in the barn isle!

I am so upset, I could scream. But I'm trying to keep my cool and left a message stating to NOT feed grass clippings and that I would appreciate a call first so that I could make those types of decisions, and to feed alfalfa for now. He returned my call stating that that is what he is going to feed until his grass hay gets cut& baled, and that he had talked to a vet who said it was no big deal.

Am I out of line wanting to choke him? I obviously can't ever trust this guy..

Anyone know of a place to board in Greeley area for around $150 that has turn out for pasture and somwhere to ride?? I've looked really hard. Would prefer private party at this point. Might run an ad.

Thanks for your input.
Christy in Colorado
brattyblond@xxxxxxxxxxx