[RC] Turkey Hunting - Jonni

I was riding this weekend in an area with lots of turkeys and hunters. Saw
something beside the trail, and could not make it out. Got close, and it was
a turkey decoy. As I turned my head to look at it, there were the hunters
sitting under the tree in full camo. I said Hello, and apologized for
trotting through their area, they said no problem, and we were on our way.
It was funny as I trotted off, I was not sure why I felt the need to
apologize, as I was on the trail, but maybe it was just that feeling of
goodwill to have them not think the riders are uncaring of their "sport".
Also, not sure why my horse will spook at an ant hill, but did not even look
at the decoy, and never saw those hunters. Later, came around a corner to
find a man and his son (about 6 years old) in full camo walking down the
trail. Now THIS scared the horse big time. I joked that the camo must have
made him just see a couple of  "floating heads". They stood absolutely
still, and did not say a word! I know they think they are doing the right
thing to be quiet and still. We just need to educate them that the horses
will be better if they say something.  I finally got them to say Hello, and
then Hank got up to them. We chatted a little, told them where I had seen
some turkeys the other day, and told them to enjoy their afternoon. Indeed,
goodwill towards other users of our Nat'l Parks etc.
Jonni