Re: [RC] They Clone Horses, Don't They? - Truman Prevatt

Several years ago when Ted Williams died his daughter and son had a donnybrook over the status of his remains. The daughter wanted him cremated and the son wanted him freeze dried. Since the slugger didn't leave explicit written instructions it ended up in the courts. The soap opera played out daily in the local papers. Turns out Ted Williams was freeze dried. The reason the son wanted him freeze dried was so when human cloning became a reliable technology - and it will someday maybe not in this country but the Europeans are far ahead of us - he wanted DNA to clone Ted Williams.

So maybe again someday another generation of pitchers will get the opportunity to see their best pitched crushed.

Now cloning Howard - that is a scary thought ;-) !

Truman

Joe Long wrote:

If some research lab wants to try to clone a human being and wants a volunteer,
I'll be eager to sign up.  Yes, I think having a clone of me would be cool!

Oh ... you mean clone YOU.  Hmmm, you got a point.   Could the world stand more
than one Howard?   ; ^ >

Sure, cloning raises all sorts of philosophical and practical questions, but
then all human progress has unintended consequences.  The Internet, for example,
with all of the good it has brought, has also made kiddieporn easily and widely
available.  But I doubt that anyone would want to turn back the clock and
eliminate the Internet.

--

“The effort to understand the universe is one of the very few things that lifts human life a little above the level of farce, and gives it some of the grace of tragedy.” Steven Weinberg – Nobel Laureate, Physics