[RC] Need advice--Vaccines (OT, long) - LynOlds

I was reading the posts about the reactions to the West Nile vaccine. My horse had a bad reaction to it this year for the first time. He was really not feeling well, laying down for long periods of time, not eating, and generally not his usual perky self. This lasted for 5 days. This is how he reacts to a lot of the other vaccines, but he never had a problem with WNV before this year.
When I got him 9 years ago he had the same type of reaction to the Rhino, then the next year Rhino and Rabies. Since then he has had reactions to the those plus EEE/WEE and later even Tetanus. Originally when it became obvious that he was sensitive to vaccines I started having my vet give him the shots individually one every few months. And I have been keeping records as to which ones he reacts to any given time and which brand of vaccine was used. Needless to say he only got the ones that my vet thought were absolutely necessary and some of those we went every two years instead of every year. He gets Banamine with the vaccines that he always reacts badly to.
My big problem now is that I moved him to a boarding stable 3 years ago and the owner is all of a sudden requiring vaccinations for 9 different diseases in the spring and again for 3 diseases in the fall. I am trying to convince him that my horse doesn't need all those every year, let alone twice a year. And I told him that my vet recommends that the vaccinations be given individually, no combo shots. Unfortunately, the owner wants control of the situation and has pretty much said that I use his vet and get all of the vaccines by May 3rd. My horse has already had the WNV as I mentioned before, but I am afraid to have him get the other 8 all at one time. The owner has told me that it's "his way or the highway". Everyone else I have talked to says not to worry, horses get vaccinated 4 time a year at show barns.
Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I not be concerned? I would hate to have to move my horse--it's a really great place. I have heard that light exercise right after the shot helps. Anyone else have a horse that is so sensitive? What do you do? I'm afraid that down the line my horse's immune system may be compromised by all these vaccines. He is 19 now. Oh, and the first ten years of his life he lived on a breeding farm as a pet so I was thinking that maybe he was vaccinated all the time with the mares and that caused his sensitivity. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance for any ideas/help.
Lynette