Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2527 - Zephyr Arabians

From: "Mary Ann Spencer"
<maryann.spencer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]    Question on Selling Stuff

Interesting.  I don't bid on things that don't take
paypal because it is =
such a hassel.  Occasionally, I goof and end up with
the hassel of other =
pay methods.  I used paypal to get money to my
daughter when I was in =
Iraq.  Just IMHO.  The convenience has been great.
HOWEVER,     I have =
not been selling on Ebay.   mas

Ditto Mary Ann.  I also vastly prefer to both buy AND
sell using PayPal.  It's fast, it's easy, and it saves
a lot of let-work dealing with money orders (as either
buyer or seller).  I'm willing to pay PayPal's seller
fees (on top of eBay's seller fees) for the
convenience and because the buyers will pay
immediately or nearly so rather than waiting for a
money order to eventually arrive.  Oh, and if you use
PayPal as a seller you can then print your shipping
labels (ie. buy the postage) right there via PayPal as
well -- anyone's who has dealt with the Post Office's
online service (which only offers Priority & Express
anyway) and/or stood in line at the PO should
appreciate that! :)

Gawd, I sound like a PayPal ad!  I guess it's just a
service that I've been very happy with for several
years from both ends.  And, after seeing our merchant
account fees (for our non-online biz) I can totally
respect PayPal's need to charge what they do (I, too,
used to grumble a bit about how high it seems).

From: "Mary Ann Spencer"
<maryann.spencer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   stud fee's

This is also called 'horse trading' or bartering.
Has worked for lots =
of civilizations for many centuries.  Just hard for
the IRS to tax-lol   =
 mas

There ya go!  As a stallion owner I'm certainly open
to the suggestion of trades for things that don't eat.
:)  I'd love more of the things that DO eat, but...
Well, actually, I have been involved in foal exchanges
in the past (as both mare owner and as stallion
owner).  And I would again for the right pairing. :)

~Nicole

*      Zephyr Arabians & KattWmn Web Design      *
*         http://www.zephyrarabians.com          *
*             http://www.kattwmn.com             *
*Native Californian Newly Transplanted to the PNW*
* You have the right to remain silent, anything  *
* you say can be misquoted and used against you. *