[RC] Sport Saddle problems - Claire Nystrom

I have a very shortbacked mare with a forward girth groove and have
been using my boyfriends Sports Saddle to ride in until I get a
Freeform SB that I have on order.  My mare was acting funny yesterday
when I rode her in the ring, hollowing her back and acting bothered in
general.  She never does this so I knew that something was wrong.  The
saddle comes all the way to the end of her back where it joins her
hindquarters.  I thought that this didn't matter as I am not sitting
back there and it's treeless, but am thinking this is a problem.  I
also have a problem with saddles interfering with her shoulder
movement as she has a large shoulder and really moves out.  Even if I
set saddles further back, they end up forward as her girth groove is
right behind her elbow.  I am praying that the Freeform SB will solve
these problems.   I rode her bareback today and she was fine, no
hollowing, just her normal self (too bad she's bouncy).  I'm just
posting this because I was wondering if anyone else ever had this
problem with the Sports Saddle.  I am wondering if I should get a
different type of saddle for my boyfriends horse as his back is just
as short as my mare's and the saddle also comes too far back on him.
He doesn't act sore, but also doesn't get ridden as much as my mare
does.  The only problem is that my boyfriend has never ridden in an
English saddle so I'm not sure if he would be comfortable in a saddle
without a big pommel and cantle.  Any suggestions?

--
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in