[RC] Magic - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Char char.antuzzi@xxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My own stud had what sounds like your problems. One day
he would be great, the next day, off. Vets were thinking
front lame, another would say rear lame. Frustraing to
say the least! I did do some 50 milers on him, but if you
were to look at our ride record he was never pulled but
once on Tevis for being overtime, he was however a show
horse that was asked to do a ton of arena work.

I finally had it, took him to UC Davis and said xray him on
all four legs from the hips and shoulders down to the
hoof. Everything turned out fine but one small, tiny
spur growth out the right hock. They could do surgery and
take the spur off, which might cause more harm then just
letting his hock fuse. So, I stuck him out in a pasture
for a year, haven't ridden him at all and we are slowly
bringing him back, no signs of stiffness and pain at all.
Xrays show complete fusion and he's good to go.

I would encourage you to get a set of xrays of his hocks and
see if anything might show up

Oh, sort of ironic, but I fed this horse Omoleen 100 like you,
met a Standardbred trainer and she turned me onto Equss III, it
is high fat, low carbs and low protien. I've had all my horses
on this and have never ever seen stiffness, tye ups, thumps,
nothing. I swear by Equss III and its not expensive!

Regards
Char