Re: [RC] Arabian Numbers+SUPPLY & DEMAND - Pasang

When the market forces finally catch up to the Arabian Horse industry we could find ourselves paying $10k to $25k for a good "endurance prospect." This is the situation in the hunter jumper biz and like performance fields where WB's dominate. Or would you be willing to pay $10K and up for a green hunter pony for your kid to train on and show?
Perhaps for years we endurance folk have had a "free ride" in the horse acquisition aspect of our sport due to market forces driving down the prices of Arabians. But when availability of good Arabian horses gets very low, the prices will naturally go up, way up. Just like it has for fuel for our trucks: think $3-5/gallon for next year.

Don Mac Intosh