Re: [RC] re: half chap zippers and cleanliness - Cynthia Eyler

The solution is Rubbermaid condiment bottles!!!  [Like you might use for honey.]  Forget the cheapies from the grocery store, because the little attached caps will not stay on.  With the Rubbermaid ones, the attached caps stay put!  Wal-Mart used to sell them, but no more.  These days I occasionally see them in Ride-Aide drugstores, and when I find some I snap them up.

Mix up the e-lytes and put the bottle and a syringe in a sturdy plastic bag -- to contain the mess all over the syringe after the first time you use it -- inside your pack.  I've found that the thicker ziplock bags work best; with the thinner ones, it's hard to stuff the bottle and syringe back inside without smearing everything with the e-lyte mixture.

When it's time to e-lyte, just fill the syringe from the condiment bottle and dose.  Might not be do-able at a trot, but it works just fine at water stops.

Cindy
(who wishes she had thought of this, but it came from Bonnie Snodgrass)