[RC] Epics-damaged gaitor - Dawn Simas

<< A friend of mine just purchased some easy boot epics and likes them  However after  a 15 mile conditioning ride a week ago she noticed that the back of the front right gaiter was shredded. She had tightened it per directions and it was totally worn out.  She did get another as the epics have a warranty. Has anyone had any problems like that.>>

My horse forges.  It's hard to keep metal shoes on him, which is why I've tried all the boots, plastic shoes, etc, as alternatives.  With the Epics, within the FIRST MILE of our ride, started extended trot and he completely ripped the gaitor from the easyboot, the boot was laying in the trail and the gaitor was still on his leg.  Turned around to go back, he was excited and broke into a little prancy canter for a few steps and grabbed the other front one (we were only wearing front boots).  Tore the stitching on it too, but didn't come apart.  Removed it immediately.  Easyboot replaced both, although I won't be able to use them.  Figure I'll just keep them as spares for parade traction or lost shoes, and hope that at a walk, they will stay on.
Dawn

Ms. Dawn Simas
Director - Wild About Cats
Wild Feline Conservation, Education, and Rescue