Re: [RC] 2005 PAC - John Teeter

.  My question would be... Who from the USA would be on the Team?

Good question:) the US federation is one of (well really the) last to
get information to the Hosts I'm afraid. I don't have official info
(so have been hesitant to say much)

 Is anyone bringing a horse?..
I hear there are 6 horses being shipped (Dinah, Steve, Valarie,
Danielle, Cia, and Deborah), but I don't know what horses they are
bringing.

or are they all leased?   How many could come? I
There are 8 slots available to each of the countries (from North and
South America). The rest of the world gets to enter in the Open
division w/o limits on the numbers of riders.

I've heard (w/o any official input from USEF) that priorities for US
riders were given in the order of

1) past (of the recent 15) team members who would ship their own
horses (though it need not be a nominated horse)

2) others of the past (recent) nominated riders) who were willing to
ship their horse.

3) past team members who could find a horse to lease .

4) past nominated riders who could lease a horse and

5) anyone else who wanted to come and lease a horse.

The horses shipped don't have to be the ones nominated, they must only
have achieved a CoC under the existing rules.

But all that is hearsay (as steph does try to explain things to me),
but there has been 0 communication from USEF to the public.

I would be nice to know the who and the whats, like is there a Team w/ Chef
etc.?
I hear that Ann Stewart is coming as Chef d' Equipe and Julie Bullock
and Tom Timmons are coming as vets. I don't know who else from USEF is
coming though.

I gotta say (editorial:) that the US Federation is really not being
very communicative about what they are doing. That's sad. A missed
opportunity to help to promote the sport. I even got a USEF weekly
newsletter today (via email) lots of stuff mentioned, upcoming events and
championships in the various disciplines, but nothing re: endurance - not
even a mention.

Monday (4 Apr) is the closing date for official lists of
entries. Likely the US will delay final decisions (like in the WEC) by
listing everyone that MIGHT be there just to keep things open till
later.

It has been great fun being with the Argentines I must say. They are
VERY into it. It's quite different here in that there are lots of
people breeding specifically for endurance. So, like Miguel having 9
horses ready to go, there are 10 or so others and they are VERY
gentlemanly competative. Haras San Andres de Moro (Miguel) will have
their own team shirts (and colors) - there are @25-30 people who will
be wearing Team Moro colors! It's really fun! (although there IS some
concern that it will be difficult to find people wearing the Argentine
shirts!!)

it rained today - it's supposed to get cold Sunday - weather may play a
role along with the sand ...

jt.