[RC] feeding corn - larry Miller

My grain formula which my vet in the 80s helped me with had about 50% corn and 50% oats along with some other goodies. Protein about 11%.  My horses for over 20 years have done great on this feed grain.  Healthy, maintain weight really well, never tied up, plenty of energy at rides, placed in the top 10 - 5 many times,  and one mare even won a 100 in 9+ hrs and won BC.  My thoughts?  If it works, don't try to fix it!!  It works for my guys, but then I don't have to feed much grain and the horses have a great big pasture (7 - 20 acres).  Bottom line,  figure out what will work for one's horse in whatever situation that horse lives.  What works for one won't necessarily work for another.  Jeanie