[RC] Angie-working on a dude ranch - Sunset Farm

I worked on a dude ranch in Wyoming for 2 seasons, I had so much fun the first year I went back and even brought home my wrangling horse. I used the Dude Ranchers Association program to send my application to all the participating members. I got more job offers than I knew what to do with, essentially I went with who could pay me the most, averaged about $3000 for the summer, that included wages and tips. The bonus for your daughter is that a whole bunch of them love to hire people from the SE, they say we have better manners and like that most of us use yes maam and yes sir with out having to think about it. It is hard work, we only got 1 day off a week, that is when you have time to do laundry and go to town if you have transportation, of course town was 45 minutes away, our day started at 7am unless you had feed duty and then we were up at 4am, most nights our duties ended a couple hours after supper. We were responsible for picking up the guests at the Cody, Wyoming or Billings, Montana airport, also driving them to town for touring Cody or through Yellowstone, and of course the horse riding 4 days a week, oh, and back to town for the Cody Nite Rodeo every Friday night. I drove out both summers from SC and was very thankful to have my own car to use on my day off, took 3 days to get back but 4 days to get there because of sightseeing. I worked at Blackwater Creek Ranch on the North Fork of the Shoshone in Cody, Wyoming, about 15 mile from the east gate of Yellowstone, there are several ranches along both the North and South Fork. Anyway, let me know if I can answer anymore pertinent questions for Josie(right?) feel free to email privately if you wish, it was a great experience and a whole bunch of fun, hope I helped a little, Lynn