Re: [RC] Insulating electric fence with hose? - Truman Prevatt

Two solutions. The first is a rubber hose. The second is you can get from Jefferes and maybe even you local tractor supply insulated electric fence wire for running the electric underground - like under a gate. You could also use that and tack it right to the board.

Truman

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

In order for my electric wire to get from the source of power in the barn
to the part of the fence I want electrified it has to run along a short
section of board fence where my horse's feed buckets are attached and I
reach over & pet. They like to stand with their heads over this fence so
I ran the electric fence along the outside of the fence at about shin
level until it reached the wire section of the fence.

Therein lies the problem. People keep walking up to the fence to pet my
horses, reach over and touch them just as their shin hits the hot wire.
My poor horse is getting a complex! The people don't care for it either.
I'm wondering if I could run that section of wire through a waterhose for
the length of the board fence and that act as an insulator?  Any
suggestions? There's no way to run it overhead.

Angie

The bigger they are, the farther you fall.

--

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” Steven Weinberg – Nobel Laureate, Physics