RE: [RC] Sellekt Horse info. - Jill Gobert

Jannelle,
 Thank you so much, I will probable be in touch as this unfolds. It does sound complicated but I will be patient with it, because it has to be done. Thanks Again.
 Jill

Adam and Jannelle <mfarm@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Jill, I didn't quite follow where you are in the process BUT, if the
stallion and the mare owners have signed and there is no transfer papers,
the foal will be owned, in the eyes of the registry, by the mare owner at
the time of the foaling. The mare's owner or registered agent, which could
be him is a transfer of breeding is signed to him by the mare's owner,
needs to sign the transfer of ownership to you. The registration of the
foal is $100, if the papers are sent to the registry before the foal is 6
months old, whether or not you make payment at that time. Each transfer
(breeding or ownership) costs $15. You can submit papers for registration,
transfer of breeder AND ownership to you all at the same time. The total
cost will be $130 is the foal is under 6 months old. I think you'll (or
he) will need to be sure that all the paperwork has current dates because
the transfers are supposed to be done within 2 months, usually, of the
transaction or there is more money involved.

The thing this breeder probably doesn't realize is that you can go ahead
and submit the paperwork even without noting the markings and the clock
will stop ticking on the postmark date, making it less expensive. If just
the registration is submitted with the mare's owner signing, etc, this foal
will go on the mare owners account. If the man sends in the transfer of
ownership with his name on it, it will go on his account and he will then
be charged $115. If a transfer is then done to YOU, if the registration
has not been paid for, the $115 + $15 (transfer fee to you) will be on YOUR
account. So it all depends on how the paperwork is turned in.

I've done several somewhat complicated transactions so hollar if you need
more help. Dates are really key and doing as few transactions as possible
will also save money, whether it's yours or his. Be patient and work with
him because sometimes some breeders are not so good at doing all the
paperwork portion. You need to be friendly until everything is submitted:)
Frankly, your best bet to get it done cleanly is for you to turn it in
with a transfer to you and just get him to agree to take it off the end of
your payments. It would be simplest for everyone and you will have the
peace of mind that it is done. But, if you are making payments, he may be
unable/unwilling to do this.

I'd be happy to answer your questions. But also know that the registry is
VERY helpful. They can play out each scenerio for you but won't encourage
you to "fix" the dates, which is what I would advise to save cash for
everyone:)

Jannelle

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk
Menagerie Farm