Re: [RC] The Cougar Prowl story part II - Susan, Princess of Pink

A great big THANK YOU to Bruce, Louise, Amber and Jesse Burton, Jim Baldwin, Richard Crowe, Mary and Trina Mosshammer, Binki Fabbri, Bud Crothers, and the host of others who stepped up at the 18th annual Cougar Prowl.  Murphy's Law certainly proved true this year!

It was wonderful seeing old friends and making new ones.  Several friends came up from south TX and LA; they have made most of the past 18 Cougar Prowls and it was good to see them at this one.

Louise looked like a swan sitting on the lake.  Above water she was graceful and beautiful.  Under water she was treading water like crazy!  We all knew that management had to make emergency changes to the trail and all riders were flexible.  Actually, it was kind of fun riding around wondering what was going to happen next.  You'd think we'd all be stressed out but we were all having too much fun!

Since the loops ended up being out-and-backs, jokes and stories were started by passing riders.  Punch lines and story endings were shared miles later which made the telling more funny.  I don't know when I've laughed so hard during a ride.

John Adame was there taking pictures and caught many humorous shots...since most of us were laughing when we saw him.  He and his wife will be at the Cherokee Challenge this weekend as will Richard Crowe.

Louise has started something with having Richard come to rides.  He's a licensed massage therapist and lymphologist.  He uses pressure points, reflexology and the lymphatic system to ease the pressure put on the body during stressful situations.  I hope she took advantage of his talents during her ride; I did and will do so at my ride!

I think my favorite part was the wine tasting.  WHAT A TREAT!!  There are many excellent wineries around this area and we ought to take advantage of them more.  Albertsons may even donate cheese...!  Hey!  We may be onto something here.  It's all about the fun in Ozark Country!

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)