[RC] Cherokee Challenge (El) 25/50 - Susan, Princess of Pink

The Cherokee Challenge elevator 25/50 endurance ride will be this Saturday, March 26.  The trails are easy to moderate and mostly level.  There is a 12-mile loop and a 13-mile loop.  Most of the trails are on jeep roads and the footing is very forgiving.  This is an excellent ride for bringing experienced horses back from a winter break and starting new or young horses.  If you're uncertain if your horse is ready for a 50, an elevator ride is being offered.

There is a 30% chance of showers Friday and Saturday.  The high will be 66* and the low will be 40*.  Friday night's low will be 49*.

Awards are really neat and a meal will be provided Saturday night.  You can expect southern hospitality, well-marked trails and a very supportive vet staff.  We've had a light rain Monday so the trails will be that much better.  There's plenty of water on the trail and a lovely creek that runs through camp.  There's plenty of parking for big rigs and lots of grass for your pens.

The turn-off for the Cherokee Wildlife Management Area is located midway between Ft Gibson and Tahlequah, OK, on Hwy 62.  Turn south at the Midway Conoco gas station (on a hill) and follow the paved road 2 miles.  Continue straight into the WMA and go 4 miles on the dirt road.  Camp is located on the north side of the low-water bridge.

Please feel free to call or e-mail me with questions.  If you know you're coming, please let me know which distance you'll be entering.

OCER members:  this ride isn't an OCER benefit ride because I want to use some of the profit for trail improvements.  I do plan on supporting the year-end awards fund with at least 1/2 the profit from this ride.  Your support is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!  See you Friday!

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)