[RC] Fuel costs affecting ride schedule - Suzanne Boyd

I already work a 2nd job to support my horse hobby. Today I applied for another job. I'm not complaining,,,I'm very lucky to be in a field that is in demand, and the pay is on the rise. (Plus I truly like what I do.) However, I am now planning on selling my "extra" horse to make ends meet. I already work 60 hrs./week. If I end up working much more, there will be no time to ride any of my horses. I also may trade in my **sweet** truck for a less expensive one. :((( I long ago cancelled my cable, netflix, luxury vacations(hahaha) and fancy clothing!! I may even give up unfancy clothing!! (just kidding) I am now the cheapest person on the face of the earth!!! And mighty proud of it! I DEFY someone to be cheaper than me. (Angie, if you read this,,,I put *3* cans of water in MY soup!!) Last Friday I left work early, renewed my trailer tags, gassed up and hauled about 60 miles south to ride for about 2.5 hours. Life was good. Then I realized it cost me $50(tags) plus $35(gas). For $85 I could have rented a hack stable horse for a couple hours, gone out for a nice dinner, NOT had to have feed/shod/ cared for the hack horse for an entire(endless) Ohio winter, and STILL had a few bucks leftover!! Plus probably would have had a nice, easy ride, instead of riding Rhubarb,,,, the mare from h-e-double-toothpicks!!!

Was it all worth it?? You betcha!! I LOVE riding that mare on those trails!! However, I may be doing more riding closer to me, even though it means lots more mud, bugs and road riding.
Yeah, I'm feeling the pinch too, but I won't give in.
Anyone in NE Ohio wanna trailer-pool to some endurance rides/ctr//conditioning/fun rides, drop me a line.
I have a truck(currently the **sweet*** one, may change),large Exciss stock trailer and am uncomplicated to hang around with. My mare is slightly more complicated. I work every other weekend, so can't go to every ride.

Suzanne