Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2472 convention

I had a great time in Reno!  But I only met 2 ridecampers...lurkers who recognized my name. Maybe we should have an informal meeting place in the future so we can hook up with each other and put faces on some of these names.

I was especially thrilled to be at the banquet and see Roberta Harms not only get her Perfect 10, but to see her horse Sha-win inducted into the hall of fame.  I rode a few times with her husband, Carl, at the back of the pack, and after Roberta and Sha-win would finish hours ahead of us, she'd go out and crew for us.  I believe Sha-win is the first Midwest horse to be in the hall of fame, does anyone know for sure? And he got many of those 10,000 mileage during our 5 1/2 month season. Way to go!

Chip (who spent waaaaaay too much this weekend!)