From: Becky Huffman <Becky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: msofen@xxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:22:46 -0600
Subject: Re: [RC] Need Sales Contract w/ Trial period

Another option is mortality and loss of use insurance on the horse, I would
require it for a trial period and strongly recommend it for the buyers
protection in the case of a purchase, w/ buyback option.  I agree with Mike
that it is preferable to sell the horse with a limited buyback option, -
because there are also legal issues, if I'm not mistaken.  Maybe one of our
legal experts will step forward, but I believe the owner could be held
liable if the horse injures someone, even if it wasn't in their custody at
the time.

I frequently sell horses on terms and require mortality insurance be
maintained for the term of the loan.  It's a small percent of the price of a
horse and offers great peace of mind, in the event of the emotional trauma
of disaster, at least the finances aren't in question.

Becky Huffman, Cleburne, Texas
www.TheOriginalSeries.com

"Of the long years of peace ... there is little tale."
JRR Tolkien, The Silmarillion