Re: [RC] [RC] Karen, ? about epics. - Dreamweaver

At 11:47 AM 3/15/2005, Marthaemcmurray@xxxxxxx wrote:
Karen,
What besides the gaiters are different from the easyboots. I guess what are the changes that make them more user friendly that easyboots. I haven't seen a pair and I am very curious. I have read about them, but I still didn't see that much difference.
Martha

Hi Martha -- I am sure I'll forget something. They are in the new easyboot design, which has a few changes. Of the ones I can remember off the top of my head (without comparing a new boot to an old boot), the front has a tongue shape, rather than being one solid piece that folds in the front. I think this will allow the boot to be tightened more snugly, with less bulk to collect stuff. The heelstrap material feels a little bit different, less plasticy (like the difference between regular and beta biothane). The metal teeth have a plastic cover that slides down over the top of the metal cleet, and the metal teeth are flattened down a bit. The buckle on the front has a hole in it for a cotter pin to go in. The Epics are the same basic boot but with a gaiter that is attached to the back.

Still no signs of any problems on the horse today. I am pretty pleased with how the boots performed, and how well the horse adapted to them (especially given his history of being easyboot challenged). Still really surprised at how well they did in the sand. I can't wait to give these a try on some of my other horses. I want to see how they'll do without the heel strap on.

Karen