[RC] {RC} LD Rides in NE - Skippykemerer1

This is a change that ECTRA made this year at their Feb  meeting.  As it was told to me the  LD  without the CTR was only a pilot and ended after 2 years.  While some respondents have talked about the fun of a CTR, it is subjective.  What I find refreshing about endurance is that subjectivity is limited.  you meet P&Rs , aren't lame and complete within time you've done it!. I understand ECTRA wanting to keep judges and all that stuff for their CTR's, what I don't understand is why the mileage you ride won't count unless it's a CTR.  Mileage is mileage.

Skip

The reason there are no or very few LD rides in the New England and most
of the NE region is that ECTRA, the sanctioning body in the NE, has not
sanctioned the 25 LD's as they consider them novice rides.

I believe that ECTRA is now sanctioning a very few LD's but they must be
ridden in a CTR time frame to count towards ECTRA's programs.

I lived in upstate New York for several years and found it very
frustrating.  I tried banging the drum, but at the time even some of the
50 mile rides were treated as novice rides.

You'll need to work on ECTRA and the ride managers if you want to see
this changed.

I read a great t-shirt once that said "evolve or die."  hmmm.....

Good Luck!

MKS