[RC] tracking with horses - Dawn Simas

Not sure about feeling with whiskers, but I know horses that smell the trail. They put their heads down and sniff as they go.
I have one of these - I call him a Snifferhorse or Bloodpony.  My husband calls him stupid. :)
I'm on the Mounted Unit for Search And Rescue and there are rumors (believe they are true) about experimentally training mounted unit horses to track like the dog unit.  Their noses are big and very sensitive!
Dawn