[RC] FEI rides - R & M Dorchester

Hi all,

I’ve decided to de-lurk for a moment to respond to this thread.

I’ve ridden a few FEI rides over the last few years.  I have found them to be well organized rides overall.   No ride is without it’s problems, no matter how much preparation is done or how many volunteers there are but this is the same whether the ride is FEI or not.  I actually prefer many of the procedures at FEI rides over local rides.

Many of the “rules” at a ride are decided by ride management, not necessarily FEI, AERC, ERA or any other sanctioning body.  At the Canadian Championships last year we were not allowed to take the horses back to the trailers but I believe it was because ride management had concerns about traffic flow in an out of the crew and vet areas.

There are only 7 FEI rides in the US in 2005, 3 of them are in June.  It seems to me that with all the other rides available, you could easily avoid an FEI ride if you wanted to.

Mary-Anne