Re: [RC] Beautiful riding weather - Barbara McCrary

The all-time great story I've heard is about the time my sister-in-law stood on the saddle on the back of her horse, fired up her chainsaw, and cut down an overhanging limb. I wouldn't try that for love nor money!

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Beautiful riding weather

Sounds like a great day!  We had one of those here.  Temp in the mid-70s, nice breeze, and not a cloud in the sky.  I decided to take our 30 year old gelding out and trim some trails for the ride we're managing at the end of April.  Raffey was not the best horse for the job...standing still is not his thing.  <G>  Trimming 4 branches was a battle.  I got him to stay (sort of) in one spot for a few seconds (jigging quietly in place LOL), let go of the reins to get a grip on the branch I was clipping, and he suddenly tossed his head and went from a standstill into a full canter...and right into a fast gallop.  I somehow held onto the clippers, gathered up the reins, and slowed him down.  At that point I figured the heck with trimming trail, it was a gorgeous day, we'd just go for a ride.  Forgot to keep an eye on my GPS, got to exploring, and we ended up doing a little over 10 miles.  He had fun...especially whenever I let him trot or canter (which usually turned into a full gallop)...the boy does like to go, and go fast.  It was just a great day to be out with a wonderful horse.  :)

Dawn in East Texas and HH Rafazon (yee-haw!  Let's go!)