Re: [RC] - Karen Sullivan

my mustang is pretty big (15.2 plus) and very big boned with a quite spanish looking head.  However, she is also big framed; not bulky muscled.  She is not what I would really consider a thick-bodied horse; but lets see, very good shoulder, deep hearth girth;chest width and croup consistent with spanish conformation....
Karen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 9:06 AM
Subject: [RC]

This thread is very interesting to me as I am conditioning my mustange mare to do a 25 mile Ride and Tie in April. My question is concerning the overall body types of the mustangs you have competed on or seen during rides. Little Horse has some failry large bone structure (she is out of the Green River area of Wyoming-Percheron influences) and would be considered a thick bodied horse compared to an Arabain. No question she is tough. I would hope to do at least some 30 mile endurance rides on her eventually, I am not looking to be highly competetive, just enjoy the ride and have her remain sound and out of trouble. So...what do you think? Martina

Do you Yahoo!?