[RC] NW Bay lovers - Catherine Pritchett

I have a 5 year old bay mare, only white, a star. She is out of my paint mare, sired by Darcy's very succesful 100 mile and multi-day horse Rhett, his only daughter. Registered half arab. I bred her with the intention of doing 50's and multi's. No question, she has the athletic ability to do them. I expect that she would be an excellent multi day horse and a good 100 miler.

My problem? She's too much horse for these old bones. If I were 30 years old, I'd be in heaven with this mare. Unfortunately, I'm not, and with ruptured and fused disks, well, you get the idea. The mare is the herd guardian, she sees and chases coyotes, deer and elk off the property. She takes that same awerness of her envioronment out on the trail with her. It means, you don't go to sleep on her. While she has shied, she has never lost me, she stays under me when she goes. I trail rode last summer and she will cross creeks and seemed to really like the trail as opposed to the arena. She has great ground manners and is quick, I said, quick off your leg when you ride. She would prefer to be a pocket pony.

Brian Conners, her trainer in Bend just shook his head and said he didn't think he had ever worked with such an athletic horse and that I should find some teenager that wanted to ride all day every day and she'd still have energy left over. He didn't think there was any thing she couldn't do athletically. My dressage instructor loved how she moved.

My proposition - If some one in the NW, with in a few hours of Bend, will make a few promises, I'll make you a heck of a deal. I have two other youngsters that are not so much horse that I'm going to concentrate on. This bay mare is going to just sit and that breaks my heart. My goal is to find some one that would like to do endurance and possibly aspires to multi's. No question in my mind this horse was born for multi's. You're going to have to come up with references and make me some promises, but for the right person, a patient person with good horse sense, this mare could be your dream horse. For an impatient, agressive person, she'd be a nightmare.

I live near Bend, if any one thinks they might be interested in this mare, contact me, talk with me. My sole goal is to find her a home where she can blossom into the performance horse I know she is. You can see pic's of her at http://community.webshots.com/user/circep her album is Xena's album. She took her first breaths in my arms, I'm not looking to dump her and I won't, I'm looking to find her "her person".

Cathy Pritchett
La Pine, Oregon
danugna@xxxxxxxxxx