Re: [RC] Some Thoughts on Pacing (Part 1) - Truman Prevatt

There are a lot of riders that come to FL and do just fine. A lot of people from the NE come down here in the winter for rides. Hell a lot of them have bought land and live down here for the winter. It's more of a matter of respecting it and riding accordingly than having to do extensive training in it.

If the base is there the base is there and unless you push too hard they should be able to handle it. Maybe the suspensor you attribute to LR was something that was building over time - rather than something caused by LR. One of the things I've noticed is from what I've observed there is no more problems with suspensory ( maybe fewer) probelms down here than anywhere else and all we have is sand.

Truman

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I *wish* I could train for a Florida ride. :-P I have one
option...there's a dressage arena 5 miles from here that has a heavy sand
surface. She charges outsiders $10 per day per horse to use it. I guess
that's cheaper than going all the way to Florida to train. Wonder if
she'd be mad if I rode round and round for 5 hrs. to get my moneys
worth.>g< I think the problem with going down to FLA for a week to train
is that I want to stress the horse, then give him recovery time to
rebuild the damage before I stress him again. I wouldn't want to ride in
it several days straight.

--

“A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.” Harry S. Truman