[RC] Decade Team Photos & Update - DreamWeaver

I started a new album with photos from all of the Decade Team horses and riders. The link can be found here: http://aerc.org/Membership_Photos.asp at the top.

The original interviews can be found here: http://aerc.org/long_table.asp

Another full ride season has since gone by, and I know several of the horses on the Decade Team list continued their long careers. There are also several new members of the Decade Team (Club?). I'm not going to update what has already been done with the interviews that are done, but I can start a new photo album if people would like of the continuing members, and new ones. Anybody who would like to send photos needs to follow the directions on this page: http://aerc.org/Membership_Photo_Submit.asp

The qualifications for the Decade Club are as follows: The same horse and rider team have completed at least one endurance ride of 50 miles in length for at least ten ride seasons. The seasons do not have to be consecutive, but it had to be current thru the last ride season (this was started a year go, so that would have been the 2003 ride season, which could now be made to mean the 2004 ride season). It has to be a "team", so the same horse and same rider.

This isn't any kind of official award. If anybody is interested in seeing some form of the concept evolve into something that is official, simply email your board of directors and let them know! I am guessing that the total awards per year would be a dozen or less on average. The cost would not be significant. I think it would be great to recognize the riders and horses who have stuck with it the longest, and are often overlooked. It might also serve as incentive to new riders to have a goal such as this, with their horses entire career the focus rather than one ride, or one ride season.

Karen
West Region