[RC] thoughts on pacing - larry Miller

A HM certainly helps but before they came out, we conditioned without one.  I started in 1970 and finally got one in 1992.  How did I know what the horse was doing conditioning wise?  I kept records and took the pulse as soon as we were done, and then again in 10 min.  I could even do it in a couple of minutes to see how fast the horse was coming down.  So where there is a will, there is a way.  Jeanie