RE: [RC] another winter song - Laurie Underwood

Yes, that is the same Graniteville.  As far as I know, the spill has
most affected just the town.  The reports are that dead fish have been
seen in Horse Creek and there are dead pets in backyards, but I've heard
nothing about livestock.

As far as Lawton's herd dispersal, the only thing I know is that his
mare, Baskerns PowWow, is in California with Lawton's son Jock.  Lawton
rode that horse at Biltmore right before he died, and then Jock took the
horse and won the 100 at Liberty Run.  Ronald Williams has another of
Lawton's horses, Baskerns Baskree (I think I have these spelled
correctly).  Ronald also lives in Graniteville and I think was one of
Lawton's neighbors.  I haven't heard that he's not OK, and am praying
that he is.

Graniteville is very close to Aiken, South Carolina, home of Hitchcock
Woods (our training grounds) and the Aiken Triple Crown and
Steeplechase.  Lots of T'breds there.

Tell Josie I'm loading Lil up right now.  Maybe her superpowers will
include picking up her feet!  :o)

Laurie Underwood