[RC] Scid, and other post.. - smuncy

 I may be wrong but My understanding was that a carrier of "gene" , ie, SCID:  had  25% of passing such on. ie  1 in 4 chance that could manisfest  self.  .............(  Heidi, others - care to comment,)   just my opinion, but such should not be bred!? AT All.
      On positive , coggins test, here in Va, at least severals years ago, if a horse tested positive,  euthansia was advised,  or a "strict!!! ! quarantine",  said horse was to be  seperated by at least a quarter mile form other equines, and generally meaning 'screened stall' ; - Not a way to keep a horse !, if positive test, recommended to - repeat, and if positive to have animal put down. For even, if not actually "sick" at that time, they are thought to be carriers of disease.( Not treatable,..... and fatal, to others,  ; and contgagious)