[RC] Your saddle or theirs? - Laura Hayes

Karen wrote:>>>So....here is another question.Those who compete in borrowed horses, or horses being campaigned for non-riding owners......do you use your own saddle, or use the saddle that comes with the horse?<<<

I ride alot of different horses (five last year, only two were mine) and it works however the owner of the horse wants it to work.

I will ride any saddle, and with some horses, like the Icelandic, Skjoldur, I would be irresponsible NOT to use the saddle made just for him, as he is...ahem....odd shaped.

When I ride for another friend who sells alot of horses, she prefers me to use my saddle, so I pick the one that I think will fit.  I own a sport saddle, an Abetta, a Courbette Husar, and a Sommer Oakfield (which,BTW, is offered on ebay right now....great deal.....)

IMHO, riding someone elses horse means you do what the owner is comfortable with.

Laura Hayes  AERC#2741