Re: [RC] Planes,Pigeions,Helicopters,Canons & baths! - Chris Paus

I had a bit quieter weekend, Laurie, but avoided the
trails because it's the second deer hunting season in
Kansas... they shot up the bucks in December and are
going after does in January...

I haven't ridden the Starman in over a month. I've
been quite ill fighting a nasty cough, congestion
virus and at the same time, taking care of my DH who
recently had foot surgery and was immobile for 3
weeks. In the middle of my being sick and my husband
being on crutches, my stallion got a wild hair up his
butt and broke out of his pen and beat up my gelding
Zabbie. The stud boy, who is 21, now has a new 6 foot
high elk fence and a 12 foot empty space channel and
another fence between him and the other horses.
sigh....and I've been doctoring a wound on Zab that is
healing, thank goodness.

It was so uncharacteristic of the stallion to act like
that, but he's babysitting the weanlings and I think
he's taking this parenting thing too seriously,
protecting them from every threat.

Star and I reconnected yesterday, just riding around
the pasture. He's coming 18 this spring, but geesh,
he's full of it! No lack of "go" in this old guy! I'm
hoping for a good year for us in 05. It will depend
more on my lame knee than him, I'm sure.

I also worked with my 4YO mare, who turns five this
spring. I'd like to get her started in her distance
career. She's such a doll, but she's got a nasty snot
nose today. I hope it's nothing serious. She's eating
well, playing normally, no fever, so I'll concentrate
on Star for awhile.

chris
--- Laurie Durgin <ladurgin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

  If this is JUST New Years weekend, boy am I in
trouble!!
I have learned not to ride on "holidays" the last 2
years on my disappearing
local trails. Too many dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and
new gun owners are all
trying to squeeze in this area--where country has
met suburbia.

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus