[RC] My .02 Evaluation of the CorrecTOR Pad--Long - Sandra

Hi To All,

Sandra Walker here.  A few of you have shown interest in
learning about Len Brown's CorrecTOR Pad, but like me,
didn't want to spend $150 and not be able to return it.  Len
Brown is the inventor of Orthoflex saddles, but no longer
owns the company.  I found his website and read every bit of
info.  I was skeptical of his claims but I am an open-minded
person who loves to do research on anything that might
better my 21 horse's lives.  I will research something until
the truths sift up through the BS so that I can make the
best decisions for ME.  Since he invites people to call him
I did.  I found Len Brown to be a charming, intelligent man
who answered all my questions to my satisfaction.  One thing
I've learned after 46 years (37 with horses) is that if I
listen to negative people and negative past publicity about
something (i.e. Orthoflex saddles) and let this keep me from
forming my OWN opinions and finding the facts, then I cheat
myself terribly.  I told Len that I understood his decision
to not accept returns, but because of this, I put him
through 45 minutes of intense questioning (I have an
engineer's mind, lol).  I told him where I live and he told
me of an equine-only DVM (20+ yrs. Exp.) that had just moved
to my area and would let me borrow her CorrecTOR pad to try.
I met this vet and she's a real believer in this pad, even
"prescribes" it!  I listened to her thoughts and findings
and brought the pad home.  Now before you muse "but you
haven't seen MY horses back", I own and professionally train
all kinds of horses with every type of back.  I own some
mutton-withered, round-barreled Arabs, and Paints that you
could set dinner for four on their backs.  And some of mine
have more ideal backs and bodies.  I ride in a BOZ full
western saddle (horn removed), another great item I
discovered from nowhere else but Ridecamp.  This saddle is
designed to be used without any padding due to the closed
cell foam bars under the tree and next to the horse.  But
under my BOZ I place a Dixie Midnight copycat (FYI-all these
type pads are nothing more than an open-backed, walk-off
entry mat made by 3M Corporation cut to size. Google 3M and
you'll find it) and then a wool Toklat.  Now that I've given
you the background, read on.

I came home and saddled up, placing my 3M pad first, then
the CorrecTOR, then saddle (skipped wool pad).  This setup
allowed me to get as close as possible to my horse's back,
and I could see his shoulders, etc. moving.  Plus the 3M
kept the CorrecTOR clean and dry. Len says to place it
directly on their back, but he said the 3M pad first is a
great idea.  I lost all skepticism on that first ride!  I
couldn't believe how much better ALL the horses I rode
moved.  No more will I place saddles up on shoulder blades
(which I never thought was right but didn't know why).  And
no more having the dip inward that you see right behind the
shoulder blades which is a result of muscle wasting due to
the front of the saddle hitting the blades when the saddle
is placed where it should be, OFF the shoulders.  Len told
me that Boz Saddles have his original Orthoflex tree in them
(but made of a polymer) and that they really do fit most
horses (which I have definitely found to be true).  So when
I started I figured that this pad might not make a
difference for me, but it DOES because it keeps the saddle
from pinching the blades and spreads out the pressure from
the front and back bar ends.  I also bought his "mule shims"
set so I can level my saddle if I ever need to, or raise the
saddle up for further wither clearance.

So IMHO here goes:  Even though it does help prevent saddle
slip and roll when used next to the horse, I myself find the
DM and breast collars and cruppers a good insurance policy.
Everything he says on his website is true folks.  It will
allow any saddle to be used on any horse without the saddle
causing pain, pressure points, etc.  It protects your horse
no matter what direction his spine moves in.  It is
extremely tough, dense felt with fiberglass backing inside
(I could barely get a large sewing needle through it).  It
will last you a LONG time with the same care you'd give any
good pad.  It is synthetic and won't easily absorb sweat,
but is hard to clean because it's felt.  Use it with a DM
type pad, or sew yourself a washable cover maybe.  It has
strong Velcro on top to grip your saddle blanket/pad if you
choose to use one.  And the mule shim package is worth it if
you decide you need it.  You won't find felt like his at
Hobby Lobby!  LOL  Now for once you can buy the saddle that
fits you, is comfy to you and just somewhat fits the horse.
Let the CorrecTOR do the rest.  And NO, I'm not a dealer,
Len didn't pay me off, etc.  I have a big mouth that can go
either way.  And I will sing this pads' praises to anyone
who has saddle fit/soring problems and asks me for help. If
you have ANY questions PLEASE feel free to email me at
sandrawalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or call Len Brown at
1-417-549-6094 before 9PM.  And if you live anywhere near
central Texas email me and come try this pad on your horse.
Len too may have pad customers that are in your area.  You
won't be sorry you bought one.

Sandra Walker
My website will be completely overhauled by March 19th
So come back for a visit!
www.fieldofdreams-sfw.com

REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards