Re: [RC] Horse personalities - rides2far

And you gotta like them on the trail - and often it is only on the trail
that you do like them :)

I think this is more what I was trying to say. Endurance is such a *job*. I
compare horses to co-workers I've known. Some are so friendly, and always
cheerful, but don't do their share of the work and tend to hang you out to dry
when there's a deadline. Then I think of the grouchy co-worker who is so gruff,
but you learn that they are someone who *always* comes through and you can
trust them no matter what to do their job. After a while you value their sort
of "friendship" far above the one who appears good on the surface.

I will say I have sold a promising prospect because I didn't think he liked me
and wasn't having fun on the trail, and I'll also say that I'm just about due a
horse who isn't a day in day out 24 hour a day challenge to my abilities and
endurance. I wouldn't put up with a nasty horse, but sound, driven and
opinionated sounds like one I can count on. If it comes down to choosing
between a cream puff who'll ever so sweetly quit, and an individual that's a
challenge but "there" for me at the end of a ride, I'll go for the challenge.
If somebody wants to send me a sweet horse, who'll pulse down immediately,
never quit, and stay sound...I promise not to turn it down!

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins