From: "John Teeter" <johnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Karen" <karen@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] A good working trot?

they trot at 14 to 14.5 mph all day long.
The winner of the recent pres cup (7:20 ride time) averaged 21.82 km/hr ~=
13mph.  I'd think 8-10mph would be a more conservative way to think about
it. or target a ride time, say an 6hr 50 = 8.2 mph (or a 5hr 50 being
10mph
average.....

seems like 14mph is pretty fast.

johnt.

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton