From: "Kristi Schaaf" <iluvdez@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 8:54 AM
Subject: [RC] A good working trot?

I just bought a Timex GPS watch and am having fun with
it. It's cool to watch the mph as my horse shifts
through different trots, from the 6 mph western jog to
his comfortable max of about 12 mph. I'm not going to
try to change my horse's trot to match 'the norm',
since of course each horse has his own optimum trot
speed, but I'm really curious about at what speed your
horse performs best. My guy seems to be most relaxed
and efficient at about 9.5 to 10 mph..it will be
interesting to see if that changes as he gets more fit
through the summer. Does anyone know what kind of
working trot speed top endurance horses have? 15 mph?
17?
Kristi iluvdez at yahoo dot com