[RC] Reactor Panel vs OF. - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Lynda Townsend townsend.buggies.sleighs@xxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mollie:
I owned 3 OF saddles for 13 years and had a love
hate relationship with my saddles.
I loved the bigger panels and the fact that it would
distribute the weight alittle better. Loved the look.
(At that time, I liked the western saddle.)
I hated the fact that they were bolted and not really
flexible.
I torn my OF saddle apart at least once every 2 weeks.
I took out 2 layers of plastic trying to make the panels
more flexable.  Put in 1/2 a rubber ball, so that they
would roll on the shoulders.  Added another layer of rubber.
Had the billets unstitched and taken off as they angled
forward, and it caused the girth to do up right under
the elbow.  Had them sown back on, straight down, so that
now the girth would do up on the girth grove, where it is
suppose to be.
All 3 of my OF saddles tipped you back, could not fix that
at all.
Then one day, in Vermont, at a ride, 4 years ago                 I met Carmi
and her Reator Panel Saddles.
I had the opportunity to try an RP, and I have been hooked
ever since.
This saddle had everything that I was trying to do with
my OF.
I even thought of changing over my OF into RP panels, but
decided that I would still be in a saddle that tipped me
back, and that no matter what I did, after riding in an
RP, I could not make my OF an RP.
First off, it was balanced.  I wasn't tipped back.
The panels were so flexable, and were not bolted, so it
made it very easy to adjust for my horses.
The girth did up in the right place.
I own a VSD and an Endurance, and love them both.
Although I did a ride in Vermont in the mountains, all up or
down no flat, and came to realize that each saddle is made for
a certain sport.  I rode in my VSD, and at the end of the 50,
my legs were getting alittle tired, something that I had not
experienced in my Endurance saddle.
I'm an older rider, and find now that I very rarely, if ever, get off my horse
stiff or sore, something that I did quite often in my earlier years.
I would like to thank RP for this great saddle, and all the hard
work and effort that has gone into making it.  Carmi is a wealth
of knowledge and wonderful lady to talk to about RP's.
There are quite a few RPs in my area, and I have seen several
very sore horses, get into an RP, and never have problems again.
Good Luck, and give the RP a try, I do not think that you will
regret it.
Lynda

I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano