Re: [RC] [RC] Welfare Committee Data - Truman Prevatt

Rae,

Living in FL you have the opportunity to attend two very good clinics every year for distance riding. In may SEDRA is having Meg Sleeper, DVM give a clinic on endurance. In Sept the FHA has a distance clinic. Watch Horse and Pony for the dates. There is no better way to learn than clinics. You also meet people that will be willing to talk with you and help you.

Truman

Rae Callaway wrote:

If there is anyone out there in the North Florida area, I'm slowly working

on conditioning the psycho Paso for our first 50 mile ride (probably late
fall of this year), and would love someone with which to discuss training
and riding a 50 miler.  I don't know if I'm training too hard, not hard
enough, too much, not frequently enough.  Am I trotting too much and not
cantering enough, or am I walking too much and not trotting enough.  I'm
winging it to be honest, and praying that I do indeed know my horse as well
as I think I do, so he can tell me if I've gone too far.  (so far, he thinks
I don't go fast enough to suit him...) Will I ever know if he's ready for a
fifty mile ride?  Not until we try it I guess....

Juli and Alpine (50 miles?  did you say 50?)