[RC] Puppies - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Barbara Ward mashallaha@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I take exception to the remark that one should avoid breeders who have both
parents on the grounds.  I bred and showed Salukis for better than 25 years and
had both parents on the grounds.  The bitches were champions, the stud was
American and Canadian champion and National Top Ten. I once or twice used his
full brother, major pointed but injured before he could be finished, the only
reason he wasn't a champion as well.  The deciding factor is the quality and
disposition of the dogs and the way they are raised, not whether the stud dog
is also on premises.  Serious breeders/showers like me, who make a commitment
to the history and quality of the breed, will have breeding stock of both
sexes. Would you prefer a pet bitch owner who uses the neighbor's dog as a stud
because he's a male of the same breed, irregardless of pedigree, conformation
or quality?

sleeping in the tack compartment of your trailer w/the
door open, and your horse snorts/snots on your forehead every 30 min!
~ Heidi Sowards