RE: [RC] Presidents cup - Carol

Heidi,
One would wonder if these horses really could 'handle' Tevis with the change in elevation from 0 m in the Persian Gulf to only 1,527m at the highest point in the United Arab Emirates, when Tevis goes up to 8,700 ft. . Yet , our horses are use to higher elevations and we still paled in comparison. Was it 'jet lag' or the change in feed or are these really superior horses? Maybe our riders simply chose to hold back more because we are more concerned about the welfare of our horses. I have no doubt they can afford the best of the best. Yet I wonder how well they would really do given the shoe was on the other foot and they were the 'fish out of water' over here, especially at higher elevations.
Carol