From: <RHightshoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 1:08 PM
Subject: [RC] Bombproof your horse

Has anyone gotten an advance copy of "Bombproof Your Horse" by Rick
Pelicano.  The adds show it is not due out until April.  I'm intrigued.  I
have a mule that sometimes sees bears and wolves behind bushes.  He will
do
a 180 on a dead run.  If I'm still in the saddle, the one-rein stop is the
only thing that saves me.  Maybe it is like the movie "Sixth Sense" where
the kid said, "I see dead people."  If my mule could talk he'd be saying,
"I see dead mules and I'm outa here."  Bob

Riding alone is when you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland