[RC] The Tevis Cup - THE BOOK - Kristi Schaaf

I'm currently reading the new book, "The Tevis Cup" by
Marnye Langer. What fascinating reading! As I
continually encounter roadblocks in my quest to even
start my first 50, I can't even imagine trying a 100.
But, as I read this book, I find myself visualizing
riding the Western States Trail. At the very least, it
has given me an inspirational burst of determination
to go out in the ice and snow to get me and my horse's
butt fit so we can do some 50's this year, roadblocks
be damned.
The book is full of history, of course, but it also
has lots of interesting little tidbits (like why the
ribbon used for marking the trail is traditionally
yellow). And, there are chapters on some of the
memorable horses and riders. You can view the book's
table of contents at:
www.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0410/2003023647.html.
Kristi