RE: [RC] [RC] buying endurance horses over the Internet....thoughts and questions. - Chris Paus

I have bought and sold horses over the Net. My
endurance gelding was close enough that I did drive
down for a test ride before I bought him, but she sent
me photos and videos before I came down.

The seller was mostly accurate in her description,
except that she called him a QH instead of an Arab...
LOL..and there's no way he's a QH, LOL... but age,
disposition, size, looks, etc. all were described
accurately.

I've sold three four youngsters over the net. One
still is to be delivered this weekend. So far, all my
buyers have been satisfied. I've tried very hard to
represent the horses fairly and describe their
strenghts and weaknesses accurately. So far, no one
has complained and they and their horses seem to be
happy. Some buyers have just wanted photos. others
wanted videos.

I recently acquired my stallion over Net. I just had
photos, his pedigree and race record to  go by. He was
much thinner than the seller told me, but we took care
of that and the horse has turned out to be much better
than I had imagined.

so far, I've found Net horse trading to be a positive
experience.

chris

Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:25:11 -0800

Curious here how many folks are finding and buying
their potential
endurance horses through  internet sites, and what
kind of luck they are
having.

=====
Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown